Since January 1991, the Ronald McDonald House of Springfield has provided thousands of families with a “home-away-from-home.” The House is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days each year.
Children and families live at the Ronald McDonald House for as long as medically necessary. Many children who stay at our Ronald McDonald House come for treatments not available anywhere else. In addition to providing safe, comfortable accommodations, the Ronald McDonald House of Springfield gives families the opportunity to build a strong support system, helping establish friendships with other families facing similar challenges and uncertainties. Families reside at the House for weeks, months or even longer.
The Ronald McDonald House of Springfield is located at 34 Chapin Terrace, Springfield, MA 01107. It is within walking distance of Baystate Children’s Hospital and a short drive from Shriners Hospitals for Children.
- 20 guest bedrooms, each having two beds, a dresser, closet and private bathroom
- 1 respite room, which can be reserved for up to 3 hours to enjoy a nap or some private time away from the hospital
- Fully equipped communal kitchen where families can prepare their own meals
- Communal dining facilities where families can gather to eat and talk with other guests
- Family TV lounge, children’s playroom and library
- Outdoor patio and playground
- Laundry Room with multiple washers and dryers
- A warm home-like environment with comfortable beds, a well-stocked kitchen and volunteers with nothing but open arms and warm hearts to support our guests throughout their stay
Families are asked to make a suggested donation of $15 per night. However, no family is ever turned away due to their inability to pay.
Who Can Stay at the Ronald McDonald House
Priority is given to families of severely ill children (under 21) receiving treatment at local hospitals, either as in-patients or out-patients. Each family is issued one room. Siblings are welcome to stay along with their family members. We do not accept self referrals.
To stay at the Ronald McDonald House of Springfield, families should contact a social worker or staff member at the facility treating their child to obtain a referral.
WHAT OUR GUESTS SAY
“After our daughter’s surgery, we stayed in the house for more than a month and a half. The staff members were great and helped us daily with whatever we needed. We enjoyed many activities with volunteers several times a week. This made our stay easier and more enjoyable.”
“We stayed at the Ronald McDonald House on numerous occasions – 2016, 2017, 2020 – The House is always immaculate, with friendly staff always greeting you with a smile and making sure you have food on the table. Never a dull moment, games and activities daily. I will always recommend Ronald McDonald House for the comfort of a home away from home.”