Volunteers are the heart of our Ronald McDonald House of Connecticut. They share their time, skills, hobbies and hearts with our guests. Families find supportive listeners and caring individuals willing to lend a helping hand. Come join our community of friendly volunteers! We are currently recruiting volunteers to fill a variety of positions. There are many ways in which you can contribute any amount of time, talent and treasures to make a difference in the lives of the families we serve. The rewards last a lifetime!
Volunteers come in all shapes and sizes* at Ronald McDonald House of Connecticut: Students holding activities for guests or helping keep our house clean, a mom lending support to a new mom staying at Ronald McDonald House of Connecticut by sitting and having tea, a retired handy man volunteering his skills, a family volunteering on the weekend together to provide our guests with any help they may need. There are a million ways to help.
There are many ways our individual and group volunteers help our families. Through donating and preparing a meal, holding a fundraiser or providing an activity at the House, you can help Ronald McDonald House of Connecticut continue to be the “House that Love Built” and care for the families that call us home.
- House & Office Support: regular shifts spent at the House to answer phones, register guests, database input, record donations, take hospital referrals and more.
- Fund Raising Events: support the Committee Chairperson through marketing and preparation before, during and after the event. List of fundraising events.
- Cooking for Our Guest Families: If your club, organization, faith based group wants to do an outreach project, preparing a meal for our guests to enjoy is always appreciated.
- Community Services: You or your business may be able to provide specialized services for the House. Whether you are a gardener, painter, or general fix-it handyman, we can always use an extra pair of hands.
- Junior Board: Through a variety of volunteer projects and special events, the Junior Board’s mission is to raise awareness of and interest in the Ronald McDonald House in the community and to encourage high school students to become more active in community service. More about the Junior Board
*When available regular volunteer positions are open to individuals 18 years or older.