COVID-19 UPDATE: What we’re doing to keep families close and safe.
July 14, 2020 Update
In accordance with federal, state and local guidelines, and with support from RMHC Global, we are welcoming families into both our House Programs, the Ronald McDonald House of Connecticut and the Ronald McDonald House of Springfield. Services and number of families will be introduced and expanded in a phased approach, with a robust set of procedures designed to protect families and staff to the greatest extent possible. This includes heightened cleaning and disinfection protocols, social distancing measures, wellness checks and use of personal protective equipment. Each House is admitting a limited number of families at a time to ensure our effectiveness in providing safe accommodations. We will continue the increased precautions implemented at the start of COVID-19 to ensure the health and safety of our families and staff.
Our Volunteer Program and Meal Program will continue to remain on hold at this time. However, a plan is in place to slowly incorporate these important programs back into the Houses during a later phase. This safe and gradual process ensures the highest protection for families, staff and volunteers that we can provide.
Current overview of our Ronald McDonald House programs:
- New families are being welcomed back with new guidelines. Guest visitors will return at a later phase.
- All guest rooms have been outfitted with microwaves and mini-refrigerators.
- Donated, catered meals are being individually boxed and served to-go style for families to enjoy in their rooms, until our in-house meal program resumes during a later phase.
- In-house volunteer shifts will slowly resume at a later date. There are many additional ways volunteers can help our Houses from their home or with safety measures in place. Contact us if you are interested.
- The majority of staff continue to work remotely, with a rotating schedule in place to be onsite and serve our House programs.
- Masks will be worn at all times while in our Houses, except when families are in their own guest rooms. Stations with disposable masks, hand sanitizer, and disinfecting wipes have been set up throughout the Houses.
We will continue to work closely with our Board of Directors, partner hospitals, local health authorities and RMHC Global to ensure we are taking every precaution to protect the children and families we serve and our team that serves them. We do not take this responsibility lightly. We will continue to keep you updated as we move forward through the various phases of program reinstatement.
Thank you for your ongoing support as we continue to provide exceptional care for our families.
Ways You Can Help
We are so grateful that we have friends and supporters who think about our well-being during times of hardship. As our Houses will operate without the support of volunteers and meal donors, and we will no longer receive the operating revenue from our four Spring and Summer events, now is a crucial time to give back to the mission of RMHC CTMA. Here are some ways you can help:
Guest Family Support: It costs $120 to house a family for one night and we need your support to continue to do so. Unrestricted donations help us to further our mission.
Fund a Meal: We are still committed to serving our families healthy, warm meals during this time. Without volunteers to donate and prepare home cooked meals, we ask for grocery store gift cards, local restaurant gift certificates, or a catered meal. To learn more about coordinating a catered meal or donating to cover the cost of a meal, please contact:
- RMH of Connecticut, Antonnique Robinson at email@example.com
- RMH of Springfield, Megen Moynihan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stock the House: Our Wish List is full of items that we always need. You can order them from the comfort of your own home. Find our Amazon Wish List here.
Buy a Mask, Give a Mask: For a limited time, we are offering one-of-a-kind RMHC CTMA logo facemasks for purchase. For every RMHC CTMA mask sold, you will help to provide RMHC CTMA families with medical-grade facemasks. Purchase yours here.
Signup and stay informed of news and events from Ronald McDonald House Charities of Connecticut and Western Massachusetts.
Simply complete the fields below to enroll!