Ronald McDonald House Charities has been McDonald’s “charity of choice” for over 35 years.
We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation,. McDonald’s is our largest corporate donor. McDonald’s and our local McDonald’s Owner Operators always provide generous support for the operations of our Houses and programs. Approximately 25% of our annual operating budget is received from the combination of McDonalds, local Owner Operators and the general public who put change in canisters at the McDonald’s Restaurants.
McDonald’s involvement extends beyond monetary support:
- Franchises partner with local Chapters for promotional and fundraising events.
- McDonald’s employees are dedicated volunteers.
- Owner/operators participate in local and global RMHC boards.
- RMHC Donation Boxes hosted in restaurants are the largest source of ongoing RMHC Global fundraising.
- In-restaurant sales of USA Today are all donated to RMHC.
- McDonald’s conducts an annual fundraiser in November called McHappy Day. Since 2002, it has raised $150 million for RMHC and children’s charities around the world.
Although McDonald’s is our largest corporate donor, no company can solely fund RMHC programs and our projected growth. We need the support of the entire community and greatly value any support you can afford to RMHC, whether it’s through cash donations, your time or fundraising efforts.